Thursday, March 24, 2011

A Little Levity

I have spoken about my pygmy animal love a few times. This link, http://www.petitelapgiraffe.com made it's way to me and I almost died of happiness thinking it was real.


Unrelated story but loosely pygmy animal related..My Mom has 3 dogs. One of the Hugo (it would have to be Hugo, who's name can be come Huge-O) is ginormous. My Mom has worried about his weight for a while, and kept saying to the vet he's obese, he's obese what do I do. Finally one day she took him to the vet and the vet said well I hope you're happy he is obese now. So my mom is living in NYC at the moment so I get to see her and the boys more often. The last time I saw Hugo, who I refer to as Oogie, I nearly died at his chubby magnificence. He is literally the cutest thing you have ever seen. I'll get a photo one of these days. He looks like a baby buffalo, or bear, some sort of creature. I told one of my besties Katie she had to see this, so we literally made plans around her seeing him,  while his fur was also extra ridonk from a recent grooming visit. Katie's response to him was, well Anna's finally done it, she convinced her mom to get a pygmy animal. I wish Katie, I wish. One day we will build our lady ranch on an island filled with pygmy animals, one day, but there will be no petite giraffe sadly.

5 comments:

  1. I met my first pygmy animal at London Zoo yesterday - a hippo called Thug! He was just chowing down to a healthy dinner of carrots and straw but was undeniably one of the best characters I saw all day:)

    Also hello:) I've been reading your blog for the past couple of weeks and it's great. Thank you for sharing your story. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG that is too cute, imagine though if they were real :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. S.N.S- OMG! Thug! What a cute name, love it. I am also in love with Jessica the hippo, she's not pygmy but I will overlook it because she's awesome.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3NueKXS6dk

    Thanks for stopping by and commenting, so appreciated.


    D- We can dream, one day, one day we'll have petite giraffes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So, I have been reading your blog from the beginning all weekend. Very inspiring :] I realize this post is a bit old but I can't not comment because I am SO OBSESSED with petite giraffes. Really, truly obsessed. I saw one on that commercial that was around last year and fell head over heels in love. If only...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! That's so flattering that you're reading it from the beginning. Agreed if only. I would be that person who got one with zero shame for how ridiculous they are if they were real. I still regularly walk around saying opulence I has it like the commercial.

    ReplyDelete