Monday, January 31, 2011

A Week in the Life of...

My food journal! I get asked all the time what do I eat, and what can't I eat. I can and do eat pretty much everything because it's not a diet but a lifestyle choice. There are things I avoid because it's not worth it to me and I have a few remaining trigger foods. Sweets in general I do not keep in the house because chances are I will eat all of it happily and unemotionally and purely because I like them and will ignore my fullness cue. Without further ado below is last week. Thoughts, feelings, emotions lemme know...

1.25
time: 10:15am
food: grande coffee, oatmeal, tablespoon pb drizzle agave
hunger: 3/4
feelings: thinking maybe to change my breakfast routine to start having it at home, have some still time in the morning and get out of my ruts.

time: 2pm
food: clementine
hunger: 4/2
feeling: super hungry but running into a meeting, this should take the edge of before lunch

time: 3pm
food: miso soup, beef negimaki app, 1 brown rice oshinko roll, tea with 1 teaspoon honey
hunger: 4/3
feeling: a little hungry afterwards, sitting with it, still hungry at 4:30, but going to see if I can hold out before snack time.

time: 6pm
food: animal crackers, a little pb
hunger: 4/4
feeling: having dinner with a helping of conversation I do not want to have and extremely hungry. Wondering if hunger is emotional

time: 8pm
food: brussel sprouts salad, roasted chicken with smashed garlic potatoes, green beans, gelato for dessert
hunger: 3/4
feeling: what a dinner, went better then expected as in I didn’t have to be very honest because this was a narcissitic meal, wanted a glass of wine real bad but was with a recovering alcoholic and I feel funny about it. Definitely ate some feelings, just focused on my food....

1.26

time: 10am
food: 2 small coffees, small with ff coffeemate, oatmeal, 1 tb pb, drizzle agave, clementine
hunger: 4/4
feelings: feeling okay a bit better with dinner of doom over, not happy my cable is out but the irony of cable being out when I am trying to be more alone is not lost on me

time: 3pm
food: chicken, lime, orzo soup medium, 1/2 tuna sandwich from hale and hearty
hunger: 4/4
feeling: should have eaten a half hour before I did but got control of the hunger via tea and water
feelings: having a stressful week but managing, deep breathing is helping, and I have yoga tonight to look forward to, also no tv=bed earlier

time: 6pm
food: clementine, animal crackers,
hunger: 4/3
feelings: not rocking the snack at all this week. I need to work on this. I get hungry I know this, and the snack options are limited so it needs to be dealt with.


time: 9:30pm
food: brown rice, asian veggie mix, 1 cup of each, and black bean veggie burger, drizzle ginger, chili, sauce that has 15 calories per tb which is cool and tasty, coconut water
hunger: 4/4
feeling: super late dinner, post work out and yoga wasn’t ideal but just tough to fit it all in, I didn’t want to eat dinner before because I knew I was going to work out, and when I finished working out it was 10 of 8 and yoga’s at 8pm, blah blah, yoga was great and Melissa kicked my bum. Really like it. So challenging and humbling but I am committed. I sort of freaked at first eating silent dinner. I wanted to text someone, get on my ipad something anything or race through my meal, but then I just chilled. I took my time, really chewed and tasted my food. It ended up being kind of cool. I delayed my cable repair to go to yoga and because I thought I need a few days of quiet.





1.27
time: 10am
food: spinach feta wrap from starbucks, grande coffee with skim, clementine later
hunger: 4/3
feeling: worn out from the week, but feeling good, slept like a wee babe post yoga last night.


time: 3pm
food: chicken, lime, orzo soup medium, 1/2 tuna sandwich from hale and hearty, kinder hippo,
hunger: 4/3
feeling: wasn’t hungry and then got SUPER hungry, have to say the hippo is 96 calories, and 6 grams of fat and worth it



time: 6pm
food: clementine
hunger: 3/2
feeling: hungry and want a heartier snack but have spinning at 7pm and will feel gross if I eat anything heavier, was supposed to have Indian food with my bro but we snow delayed, glad I am not eating Indian food for dinner.

time: 8:00
food: lemon rosemary chicken breast, sauteed kale, brown rice, coconut water, wanted dark chocolate but checkity checked myself reminding myself I had the hippo earlier today
feeling: good another silent dinner, did better with the silence, it’s still a little weird feeling, but not unpleasant. Just weird.






1.28
time: 10am
food: strawberry pancakes from energy kitchen, 1 large coffee with skim and splenda
hunger: 3/4
feeling: well this morning did not start well, business partner collapsed last night and had to be hospitalized




time: 3:30pm
food: 2 slices pizza with mushrooms and black olives, salad with drizzle of dressing, tried to do 1.5 slices but was hungry still
hunger: 4/3
feeling: had zero appetite and then started getting hungry and then got walloped. Was trying to respect my hunger cues and feel like I got spanked by them. No es bueno.

time: 8:00pm
food: chicken breast with lemon, and rosemary, sauteed kale, brown rice, coconut water
hunger: 3/4
feeling: was so tired didn’t want to work out but knew it would make me feel better, 45 mins later feeling like a much improved version of myself.



1.29
time: 11am
food: spinach feta wrap from starbucks, grande coffee with skim
hunger: 3/4
feeling: pretty well rested, really excited to work out with Egon today, I dare say I feel pumped.


time: 4pm
food: food should taste good multigrain chips, salsa, pita with hummus, goat cheese, kalamata olives toasted, coconut water, chocolate chips,
hunger: 4/4
feeling: really good, great session with Egon, a killer work out, already feel soreness setting in which is both a good and terrifying sign

time: 9pm
food: chicken breast stuffed with wild rice, soy cheese, and mushrooms, lentil salad with arugula, and roasted leeks, balsamic, steamed broccoli, 1 1/4 cup cider with rum, a few reduced fat tortilla chips with salsa verde, and a few carrot sticks with white bean hummus for appetizer,
hunger: 3/4
feeling: so delicious! Love having friends cook for me, especially when they are healthy people focused on food being tasty and healthy. Dinner was definitely healthy and tasty.

1.30
time: 11am
food: pancakes with strawberries, large coffee with skim
hunger: 3/4
feeling: very sleepy, went to bed way too late, dragging a little



time: 4:30pm
food: smoothie with half protein no banana, knocks off 100 calories which makes me happy because it tastes the same, chickpea burger with low fat cheese, brown rice, and salsa,
hunger: 4/3
feeling: a little nommy today, I was not very hungry and then got really hungry and then wanted to eat instead of working out, made myself get on to the treadmill for a hour


time: 8pm
food: steamed collard greens, steamed bok choy, very small spoonful of potato salad from whole foods, and rice salad made with wild rice, cranberries, chicken and cranberries, wanted to taste it but not make a meal of it at all. Less then 2 tablespoons of each, 4 turkey meatballs with mustard,


1.31
time: 10am
food: spinach feta wrap, grande coffee, progreens
hunger: 2.5/4
feeling: downed so much water this morning before breakfast and think it helped with my appetite, hmm intriguing....


time: 2:30pm
food: chicken marinara, brown rice, mashed sweet potatoes
hunger: 3/4
feeling: a little carb heavy whoops, should have had rice or taters not both.





2 comments:

  1. I try to keep a food diary but I have not had much success. You have inspired me to try it out again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bethanny- The more I do it for me and the less I fight it the more useful it is. It's really easy to forget what you have eaten even if it is healthy. I keep an email draft on my phone to update on the go and so it draws less attention then a notebook. People get real weird around the notebook like I am writing down what they eat.

    ReplyDelete