Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Party's Over

I would not say I have been out of control lately or doing anything wrong per se...what I have been doing is not practicing goal oriented denial. I have been saying yes when I probably meant no. I have been eating the cookie, instead of saying do I really want this? Do I want this more then my goals? I asked what I weighed today. It was not what I wanted to hear but I think it was important for me to hear it. I am 10 pounds higher then I would like to be. 10. It's not the end of the world and is just a number. During this phase I have learned a lot and seen so much of what I have learned implemented. Now is time to get back on my A game. I have not been measuring my food, journaling it without fail, and checking in when it comes to my goals. I verify if something is emotional or not, but not necessarily if it's what I really want to be doing. What do I want to be doing? I want to be losing weight. I feel better and better about myself, my choices, who I am, my body and many other things but at the end of the day I have to finish what I started. I need to make losing weight a priority again. I have had a taste of life without it being my number one focus and it was lovely but back to the program.

If I am honest about it I am not happy where I am. I am sick of being larger then I want, nit picky about my body, and self conscious. I am sick of my weight going a little bit back down, a little bit back up, and then down again but never past a certain point. If I really super duper honest about it I have to admit it's my own fault. I took a break and that's okay but right now it's crossing over into not okay. I want to move forward again. I feel confident I can handle the challenges that come at me and the unknown. More then anything I want to finish what I have started.

5 comments:

  1. aww thanks lovey! appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man -- as usual, I can SO relate. This is the game I play with myself every Saturday: do I REALLY want that second Larabar? Am I actually hungry, or am I just bored or feeling emotional? I'm aware even as I pull it from the pantry shelf that eating it is in direct conflict with my long term goals. And the worst part of this Saturday debate is that once I've made one food mistake, I give myself permission to give up and ruin the rest of the day. Does anyone else have this problem?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally wrestle with that. I have gotten much better at going alright you had x but lets pick ourselves up and not keep the party going. Marisa, said to me once you work out so you can have a piece of cake occasionally not the 5 other things you followed it with. I used to think well I messed up let me really make it worth my while, but the 1 thing is not going to make or break you really it's the 5 things after it that will. I have found it gets easier to just move on from it and keep it to an isolated incident. That being said if I feel yucky, am bored, then I am at much higher risk of it turning into a whole day affair.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also have a really hard time not turning one bad decision into a free for all!

    ReplyDelete