Friday, September 23, 2011

On a Health Tip

After very much being in a weight loss slump it would appear unemployment is excellent for weight loss. I have lost 6 pounds in 2 weeks. I try to stay away from numbers and generally I would not think 3 pounds a week loss was very healthy. It's a little much in a short period of time. That being said I have not been doing anything unhealthy. No restricting, over exercising, or other unhealthy behaviors. I have just been balanced. There has been wine, a smidge of vodka, tapas, an amazing cheeseburger, but there has also been tasty stir frys, low fat grilled cheese sandwiches, apples, long walks, a boxing class, and cardio business as usual, to round it all out.

 I am appreciating having the time to just be clear headed and focused it makes it easier to check in when the temptation to eat a few feelings creeps in. I was on my way to the gym the other day and I turned to go to this bakery. I did what I hate when people do, stopping dead in the middle of the side walk and said," What are you doing?" I had a quick convo with myself bringing up that I was heading to LA and not sure what I would be eating, but knowing there would be wine, I did not want to be super stressed about food, and not 100% clear on what my exercise situation would be. Did I really want to get a super caloric treat now when I could control what I could eat that could make me feel bad ahead when I couldn't? No I didn't. I wanted comfort. I wanted a reward for going to the gym when I did not want to. I wanted a lot of things that something from a bakery was not going to fix and never can. It would be nice to take an isolated event and think ah ha I've got it, but you never completely do. It's the hope that you can seize the moments when they come and move forward feeling so good about the choice you made you continue to make those choices. 

1 comment:

  1. Whoop whoop:)

    Every little check like that helps, no matter how small. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete