Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Awards are Lovely



 I was having a challenging day when I do the lovely surprise of an award! Thanks so much to Amie at Running on Healthy! It made my day and I adore your blog so thank you. I also have read all of Charlaine Harris's books but the last one left me a little underwhelmed. I will still read the next one though.

Now to the award business:

The Rules:

  • Thank the person and link them in your post.
  • Tell ten things about yourself.
  • Nominate your bloggers.
  • Go to their blogs and let them know you've given them an award!



 1.  I REALLY wish I could sing. Not so much to be a performer or anything but I would just like to be able to sing and play piano.


2. Poetry being read or recited out loud makes me completely uncomfortable and squirmy.

3. I do not like grape flavor anything. My mom when we were kids hated the smell of it and we were never allowed it and now as an adult I can't stand it. Her plan worked.

4. I eat skittles, m&ms and gummy bears when I do eat them in same colored pairs. It enhances the experience.

5.  I do not like scary movies or sci-fi. I have tried, but it's just not my thing but I do quite like supernatural stuff.

6. Every once and a while I want to leave the city, live on a farm, have a garden and make dream catchers or something to sell in town. Then I remember more then 2 days outside of a city completely freaks me out. How does one get their coffee in the morning without stepping outside?

7. I still sometimes can not believe how much weight I have lost, but more then that how much my relationship with food, exercise, and health has changed. Whenever I get down about where I am at now I look where I have come from and realize I no longer harm myself every day with my choices.

8. I wear SPF 50 year round because I think I look good for my age and want to stay that way.

9. My brain loves info and holds on to it, which I am grateful for but my short term memory is like a goldfish. I sometimes can not remember my PIN number but can tell you all sorts of useless facts or my PIN number from 3 debit cards ago. Can you tell I am struggling with my new debit card?

10. I love, love, love what blogging has brought into my life. It has connected me with so many people I value. I would never have otherwise known so many great people, heard their stories, commiserated with their struggles and experiences, it delights and overwhelms me how not alone we all are in figuring it all out. Everyone who reads, emails, comments, passes through, anything, I have such a special place in my heart for you. You all mean so much to me and help me stay sane, move forward,  be honest, and so much more. Thank you.

Now some bloggies I love and pass this award on to:

Josie @ yumyucky.com I have a serious girl crush on Josie. She is so inspiring, hilarious, and I love how she keeps pushing herself with more and more challenges. Her mentality and honesty is so refreshing and uplifting.


Hannah @ Hannah's Reductions  I love, love, love reading Hannah's blog. I find her realness and honesty so inspiring. She like Josie balances kids and being healthy and I love reading about how she finds that balance and maintains it. The fact that it's done 99.9% of the time with humor is also totally amazing. I also think she has luverly style and I like seeing what she will come up with next.


Samara @ My So Called Style I think Samara and I knew one another in a past life. I agree with her food and style choices wholeheartedly and love reading about her adventures making them. I have loved seeing her blog transform with more and more content. I also envy her clean super design aesthetic.



D @ A Better Lesser Me Your honesty is so incredible sometimes it takes my breath away. I love your writing, and intelligence. I look forward to every post and I feel lucky to have been able to learn more about you.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks that's very sweet :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, so I'm almost a month behind in my blog reading -- this upcoming event at work has literally consumed my life -- and this happened to be the first post that I picked to read. Thank you for making my day! I am SO honored that you passed this award on to me and so thankful that we met (albeit via the internet). I better get my butt in gear.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Samara- Yay! SO so so glad you're back! Missed youuuuuuu!

    ReplyDelete