Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Sleepy Anna is a Jerk

So I've been doing pretty well this week in terms of eating clean, getting to the gym, going to bed early. You know like a well oiled toddler machine or 80 year old depending on how you look at it. I have been a little hungry before bed recently. I think it's because I have decreased more portions a little, and up'ed my vegetables and been eating earlier. While veggies are a delight, they do not have the staying power I need sometimes.

Anywayz....I got into bed last night. Read for a while and very smugly started to drift off to sleep congratulating myself for not having chocolate that night. I woke up about 2:30am and decided the only solution to my being awake problem was to eat some dark chocolate. I was awake enough to navigate getting to the kitchen, wielding a knife to cut into a bar, and but too asleep to stop it. I crawled into bed with my sawed off wedge and the rest of the bar, ate it and then drifted back off. I guess the upside is i ate the whole thing and did not roll around in it. The semi-conscious version of me is a punk.

I read this today, "Life would be so much more relaxing if we could all just admit the things we do and we'd realize we have them in common and then we wouldn't feel so guilty about them," 

It may have hit a nerve or two, and so yes I share with you today sometimes I get up in the middle of the night and enjoy slumber chocolate. I have also woken up in the morning and enjoyed early morning sleepy chocolate. Anyone else sleep eat? What's the moral of the story? Don't go to bed hungry? Just eat the damn chocolate?



No comments:

Post a Comment