Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Bon Voyage!

I leave for France tomorrow! I am so excited I can not wait! I have a few days in Paris and then off to the South of France. I will take lots of pics. I also get to meet up with a high school friend in Paris. Even better she is being gracious enough to pick me up from my mom's apartment. I have a very rough working knowledge of Paris. I certainly would not trust myself to meet someone. It would probably end in tears. My goals are to relax, detach from New York, enjoy my mom's company, keep my food journal, take photos, write, swim, sleep, bike, and most importantly stay present and just enjoy. 

When I get back I have an appointment with a new therapist who does a mix of art and talk therapy. I am pretty intrigued. I feel sort of relieved to be able to go away knowing I am coming back to working towards solutions. It made me feel better about the fact that my jeans were so tight this morning they were on the verge of unwearable. This is after I spilt a pair of jeans on Monday morning post washing and drying which is what I blamed the split on. Not my finest moment but a really good accountability check. 

I do not want to restrict or deprive myself while in France, but I also in no way want to take a food vacation. I am struggling to check in and remain present and I want to work on this while away from some of my day to day stresses. I hope this will let me reconnect with eating mindfully. While France is known for wine, cheese, pastry and chocolate, it also has fantastic produce, organic markets, and very much centers around eating whole foods seasonally and locally. There is a lot of balance so it's a good place to be going I think. Provided I can stay away from the patisserie. 

2 comments:

  1. Wow I must admit I am consumed with jealousy, I grew up in the UK and have lived in Paris as an au pair...yeah, just jealous :-)
    Sounds like you have your tactics planned and while France is all about these delicious foods you mention, French women eat these things in small amounts. Anyway it's Summer, I've had word that it's lovely and warm in the south and you'll be out and active to compensate some richer food. Then as you say you're coming home to a plan, new therapist etc, you'll be great!
    Hope you have an amazing time and I really look forward to hearing all about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you're having a great time, can't wait to hear about it!

    ReplyDelete