Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Another Ode to Tina







Tina's blog has had me inspired to quit being a baby, lady up and get my cook on. She works in the same industry so if she can find the time so can I. The only downside I have found to intuitive eating is if you are like me and pressed to find time to cook, but supposed to be listening to your body for cues you reach an impasse. I have been veggie mad lately. Specifically kale, brussel sprouts, and swiss chard. I have no idea why but that's what I have wanted. Real. Bad. I stumbled across this Mark Bittman recipe for swiss chard and finally got my lazy act together and made myself a delicious dish I have all week. Recipe below and pictures of my cooking adventure as well. How pretty is rainbow swiss chard?! I definitely think it tasted far better then if I had ordered it because I appreciated the time and energy it took and found it after a weekend of working quite relaxing. the next time I make this I would probably use less olives or change the type and I would reduce the olive oil. You are gaining fat from the pine nuts and the olives so 2 tablespoons of olive oil despite how many servings it yields is a bit much for me, but if you love olive oil keep it as is.

1 comment:

  1. Love, love that you're cooking!
    Veggie fests make me happy, and so do you!

    ReplyDelete