Thursday, January 7, 2010

New Year, New Beginning, Blah Blah Blah

This has been an interesting year. I finally woke up got honest, decided against gastric bypass surgery and began to get healthy. None of this has been easy. Lots of this has been stressful and isolating. Who wants to say out loud the addiction I battle is food? It just feels so unspeakably lame. I have accepted if it takes a nutritional therapist then so be it, but I'm not entirely happy or thrilled about it. I have lost weight, started working out, and have begun to deconstruct the tangled web that is my relationship with food. These are all victories, but why do I still need a snack at night? Why does my mother still completely unglue me by asking what kind of diet can I be on if I can eat chocolate mousse despite the 10,000 times I have explained intuitive eating. It's all a work in progress, today's goal will be to make the healthiest decisions I can, and to not eat any feelings.

No comments:

Post a Comment