Wednesday, January 13, 2010

The importance of not hating the skin your in

Every woman has a complicated relationship with her body. Mine has always been fraught with drama. I'm far from the prettiest girl in the room, but face wise I am pretty happy with what I've got. That's the mistake I made in the past, decided from the neck up I was okay but neck down oh no. Not a fan. I feel like my body and I have begun dating, we're both on our best behavior and learning a lot about one another. Someone told me around the way unless I accepted myself overweight I would never accept myself healthy. There is absolute truth to this. I think finally accepting and not hating every little thing about my body helped me start to build a relationship with it. I started to value it and through that process began to value myself more. Valuing myself has helped me have the energy, enthusiasm, and tenacity necessary to really overall myself and lifestyle. I truly believe otherwise I would still be on the sofa waiting for that miracle.

2 comments:

  1. I just found your blog last night. This blog post really resonated with me. Everytime I watch a show such as Biggest Loser were they talk about themselves with such disgust, it makes me wonder how sucessful they will be in the long run. Having an imperfect body is not something to be despised. Loving and valuing your body is what will lead to the lasting change. I find it sad that people can be filled with such self-hatred.

    I am excited to continue reading your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great and thought provoking comment. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete