Thursday, August 28, 2014

Dramatic Conclusion


It actually wasn't very dramatic at all. We broke up. He's not ready, needs more time to heal from his divorce, but would like to remain friends and leave the door open for the future. We were exceedingly polite with one another already taking that step back. That's the sort of stuff which kills me. Those can barely put your finger on it things have shifted moments.

Not gonna lie it's been kinda rough. While we weren't together for long, for the most part it/he was pretty great. I think what has made me saddest is just accepting that the timing is wrong. There is nothing to be done, changed or worked on. The only thing that will fix anything is time. Booooo to time, boooooooo.

In a shocking twist of events I did something I am really proud of. Instead of doing the alternate between boozing with friends and hibernating for a few weeks unhealthy coping-palooza I booked a trip. I am going on what I am calling a Lady Vision Quest. I am using the break up as an impetus but really I do just want to pull back and do some thinking. It's difficult to carve this space out in day to day life. Get up, work, gym, dinner, bad tv, I don't always have the brain power to really look at my life and figure out where I want to go. I think this is why therapy is so important to me. It's carved out dedicated time to asking myself questions. I often try to do a lot and get frustrated I can't manage it all. What actually is important to me and needs a place in my life?

So where is this Lady Vision Quest, or LVQ happening? Utah. Yes, Utah. A friend recommended the place and once she showed me some of her pics I was sold. I am fascinated by the west and deserts. No idea why, but I am. I've also been talking about (for years if I'm honest) taking a solo trip. It's so funny how if you just relax and be, things happen in the right time. I wasn't ready to take a solo trip, now I cannot wait. Previous anxieties I had around it, nope they're gone. I cannot wait to be alone. His birthday is also next week and I'll be hiking Zion National Park during it which I think is a good thing. No moping, no obsessing just hiking. I am also doing some serious hippy stuff which I cannot wait for. Chakra balancing, yes please. Life path reading and sound healing, yup sign me up. I mean when else am I going to do it and seriously and most importantly why not? Give me all the crystals.

Now...as for the dude. I feel like we might have a round two. I am not going to wait around for it or live in expectation of it. I just do not feel like it is outside the realm of possibility. I told him I couldn't be friends off the bat because it would be too hard. I'm pleased I continued to be honest and take care of myself, but lets also be real someone who is healing what kind of friend can they be? We weren't friends to begin with so why would we be now? I guess my goal is to be friendly but not so sure about friends. I've also instituted a 30 No Contact Order (on myself he doesn't know about it) and it's been 9 days since we spoke and it's already driving me nuts. It's a must to reset the boundaries and to not be his teacher of how to experience emotions, but it's hard. It's also starting to affect my ego a little that he has not contacted me even though I said I needed space. Brains. They're weird right? One of my don't text him techniques is to send a friend silly animal photos.

The biggest thing is even though I'm sad and a little muddled I'm taking care of myself. No eating of feelings, kept to my gym routine, started meditating, which I HIGHLY recommend and feel like I am boosting myself instead of wallowing. When you're sad it's nice to actually be kind to yourself in true ways instead of mac and cheese (there was some of that) I suggest it. My friends have also been truly amazing and supportive and that's been dreamy and so helpful. If people sucked I'd really be lost.

So, I ask you all any tips? Any advice on how to sit on my hands and not text? Friends ya or nay?



Yep, I made a countdown calendar. 

Pretty sure I can do some thinking here. 
Between hiking and chakra balancing I need to experience this museum.

Yes I did buy this for trip journaling. It feels very desert appropriate and can be used for meetings post-trip. Sold. 

Yep, legit texted him this during break up convo. Everyone meet the seal of sadness. 



A few other things helping me:

I am L-O-V-I-N-G this app for meditation:

https://www.headspace.com/

This lady knows the things:

http://www.baggagereclaim.co.uk/


Thank you Jessie Ware for a peppy heart hurty song.


My friend Aurora made this mix and it was actually pre-split but it was like she just knew....the #1 Dads song....blurrrrrghhh, exercise caution. I am however thoroughly addicted to this mix.















2 comments:

  1. Hope you are doing okay. I enjoyed the photos. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doing pretty good :) How are you more importantly?!

    ReplyDelete