I've been losing weight steadily for about 12 weeks now. My weight has either maintained or been down. Some weeks by a few pounds, others by a half, but the direction has been the same. What have I been doing? Well.....I've been listening to the people that I have entrusted to help me. I have been humble and open. Happily this is paying off.
Jesse and I did measurements yesterday and I am down an overall 11.75 inches. Almost a foot has left my body in the past month. Granted, I have been super sick for the past two weeks so I am not totally myself, but while I was happy it did not change how I felt about myself.
This losing streak has not really played into how I value myself. I do hope it continues but some of what I have been doing is the below and for right now, in this lovely little moment it's working for me.
Current Body Plan:
1. Working out because it feels good to move my body, feel strong, and sweat.
2. Eating what I want and not being afraid of food. Reminding myself I can have whatever I want whenever I want.
3. Not beating myself up or judging behaviors. Accepting my nature and behaviors to better work with myself and not against.
4. Staying mindful and present for better self care and awareness.
5. Taking care of myself, and thinking about what do I need? What is healthy for me?
The better care of myself I take the less desire I have to manage my life, and feelings whatever you want to label it as with unhealthy behavior with food. It's not always the sexiest of work but it does feel rewarding for hot second.