Monday, July 12, 2010

Don't Come Around Here No More

I never ever thought I would say this, but I am over being fussed over about my weight loss. I appreciate people who keep it at a simple you look great, or you look so happy and healthy, there are variations I can handle and I feel very fortunate to hear and receive as compliments. I am not a total compliment scrooge, and I agree with what my mom says it would be weird if people did not acknowledge it at all.However, there are those who touch you to demonstrate how your waist has changed, or use their hands to emphasize the shrinking of your bum. I do not care for this. I used to feed off that, tell me more, how much smaller, and now I just don't enjoy it. I started thinking about this and realized part of why I do not enjoy it is because I no longer identify solely based upon my weight. I no longer think the only thing worth discussing with me is my weight or the only thing of value surrounding me is weight loss. It's that or I am just an ingrate, but I would like to think it's that. I also just don't want to discuss it with everyone and their mom and people who I have not seen in 5 years want me to spill my guts. No thanks this is a party not an intervention. Often the people who ask me the most questions or make the most inappropriate comments go through life this way and have other issues that are theirs to solve not mine, but it still gets annoying. It makes me very excited to get to my goal weight stay there and let my weight loss be old news.

No comments:

Post a Comment