Friday, September 3, 2010

Guilt, Accountability, and Stress

I am under a lot of stress right now at work. I have a big project going on, on top of everything else and I am REALLY struggling with emotional/stress eating. Last week I just get getting kicked, this week I am exhausted. Luckily I have Marisa to keep me on the straight an narrow. I felt a lot better after my session with her Tuesday. She made me recenter my focus and better understand the relationship between seeking control in my life and my food choices. I definitely felt out of control last week and that scares me. I don't like having so much pressure and stress on me and then the additional one of feeling out of control about my food choices. I did not realize how much eating well, exercising and taking care of myself had really centered me. Time to regain that center, get back on track and do what I have been doing best move forward. No dwelling, no mindless choices and no guilt. Guilt is such a silly emotion, but a great way to not face what is really going on. What is really going on is I checked out and no amount of guilt will change that. I got to check back in see what I am ignoring and move on. Move it or lose it, and I still need to keep losing it. The weight that is, not control.

No comments:

Post a Comment