Friday, February 5, 2010

Less Practice More Living

I am entering a zone where I feel I am coaching myself less to follow healthy principles and I am doing them because it's what I want to do. I go to the gym 5-6 times a week for cardio and 1-3 times for strength training. I no longer do this because it will help me lose weight. I do it now because it makes me feel better about myself. I have more energy, I have more confidence and trust in myself that I can live the lifestyle I want. The coolest part about that is it influences the rest of your life and that in itself becomes addictive.

3 comments:

  1. I hear you on the feeling better aspect. I have given up on looking good I just want to feel good. And honestly most of the time its just mental. I feel shlubby and then I do 5 pushups and then I feel GREAT! So I eat 10 cookies and then I feel shlubby so I do 5 pushups and... well... you get the point.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know it all too well Boomka, the 5 mini snickers I inhaled in less then 5 mins definitely influenced my gym visit the other night.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you work out in the morning or night? i cant get into it.

    ReplyDelete